Friday, February 26, 2010

Quando Cointreau

Cointreau, the beauty of cointreau is that it's 40%. So you get the flavour without dilution. Cointreau is a superb replacement for anything that requires triple sec. So ladies, if you want to make your cosmo more Cointreauversial (I didn't come up with that, it's their marketing word) then add a splash of Cointreau instead of your triple sec.

Recipe:
1 oz Cointreau
2 oz Vodka
3 oz Cranberry
.5 oz Lime Juice
Squeeze of fresh lime.

Place all ingredients into a shaker with ice, then shake shake shake! (The harder you shake the frothier it will pour). Then pour it through a strainer into your martini glass. Garnish with a lime wheel or a decorative lemon twist. Remember the longer the twist the better.

Here I will let you in on my little secret. Every time I do a le
mon twist, I peel the zest over the glass. This way, the oils that are in the lemon skins fall over the glass and adds just the essence of lemon. I then take the twist and give it a quick rub around the rim of the glass. Then I pour in cocktail.

Now while doing my research for this blog, I came across a beautiful recipe. It's the Cointreau Teese (created by Dita Von Teese). I haven't tried it, but the presentation is striking.
Here's the recipe:

4 cl (1 1/2oz) Cointreau
2 cl (3/4oz) Apple juice
1,5 cl (1/2oz) Monin violet syrup
1,5 cl (1/2oz) Fresh lemon juice


Frost ginger around the rim of the glass


Ok, so what if you're a man? Guys, Cointreau can go in your coffee. Nothing quite like a glass of coffee with a shot of Cointreau and a Cuban cigar. For guys it's all about the simple pleasures in life.

For more recipes using Cointreau, check out their sight here -> http://www.cointreau.us/cocktails/creative-cocktails-800054.html


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment